Sharepoint Manage Access behavior has changed

Hello,

The behavior for "Manage access" has changed since a few days.. But only for "Owners". (using via Teams)

Before, I could manage "Direct Access" to a folder. Now, I have to create a sharing link and manage the link (as in: who can use it, what can they do).

Is it still possible for me to just add people directly into a folder?

I don't want to create sharing links..

I am aware of using the classic permissions editor in SharePoint, which does give me this option.
But that makes managing access a lot more work.

I hope to hear from you.

Yours, Tommy.

Screenshot before: (in dutch)

Screenshot now: (in dutch)

Dear Hosewol,

Good day, thanks for querying in this forum. We’re happy to help you.

From your description, it seems that you found the Manage access UI has been changed. And you want to find a way to add people to folder.

If my understanding is right, we have also tested it on our side, we also encounter the same UI view, as shown below:

As the new UI rolling and some Office 365 Tenant some users already get new updates UI. According to Microsoft article This new updates UI rollout for all users in the end of June. And all the users will see the same new UI updated view. Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365 (title OneDrive sharing experience Manage Access settings).

We understand that you want to grant permission to folder directly, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it. The best way to report the issue is to report the feedback to the related Team. We’d suggest you contact your office 365 administrator to go to Office 365 Admin Center-> Support-> New Service Request, the support engineers there have the correct escalation channel and this is the most efficient way to report such issue. You can refer to this article to check the way how to raise a ticket. Ways to contact support for business products - Admin help. The engineers in related team have higher permission to contact the developed team directly.

At the same time, you can also try click Advanced settings,

Click Grant permission, as shown below:

Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated. I hope that you are keeping safe and well!

Sincerely,

Sukie | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
• Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have to say - this update is truly terrible in my opinion. We've got Site Admins unable to assign direct permissions on selected folders, even via the Advanced Permissions Page - the "Grant Access" button is no longer accessible to them since the update (we have raised a ticket regarding this).

We also no longer seem to be able to share to SharePoint or Security groups as we could previously (only 365 ones), which the documentation attached to the Message Center entry for this update failed to make in any way clear.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear David,

We appreciate that you posted back and shared your feedback here.

Personally I completely agree with you. It would be definitely ideal if we can recover this feature. Thank you for bring thing to our attention. We sincerely recommend you refer to the suggestion we provided above to raise a ticket to provide your feedback. This is the best platform to let related team hear from you and make the products and services better for you and others.

We appreciate your understanding!

Sincerely,

Sukie | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
• Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you agree with the comment, you should make an effort to get it changed, and not just expect users to do it. I mean, what is the point of all this tinkering Msft does with things that no one is complaining about when there are so many more issues/bugs that NEVER get addressed? Seriously, what's the benefit of this change?

And by the way, your image shows "OneDrive sharing experience" when it's actually all of Sharepoint so that's not accurate:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2024 Views 819 Applies to: