SharePoint designer 2013 workflow saving error.

Hello!

I want to create workflow: Create a new document whenever a list item has been created or modified

I have managed to open the site on sharepoint designer 2013 with no issues. but when i tried to save and publish the workflow, i get:

"Server Error: Access denied."

On the progress bar behind the error message, it says:

"Processing Automatically create NCAN (the name of my workflow)

Saving the xoml file"

I am at my wits end, and it wasnt a long road anyway... any help would be appreciated! 

I have tried both options from previous topics:

1. Ensure the problematic site collection has enabled the custom script feature. You can refer to Turn scripting capabilities on or off to check that.
  2. Refer to How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2010/2013 Cache, clear the cache of the SharePoint Designer.
Answer
Answer

Hi ATT Automation, 

Generally, the Access denied could be because the user has permission to access the site collection, but not enough permission to perform actions, or missing the Open permissions on the root site.

Given the situation, please perform the steps below and see if the issue can be fixed:

1. Assign Full Control permission directly to the affected user account.

Go to the affected site collection >Site settings> Site permissions>Grant Permissions >enter the affected user account> click show options > select Full Control > Share.

2. Go to Site Settings > SharePoint Designer Settings, and make sure all the 4 options are the options are checked. 

3. Clear SharePoint Designer log in credential:

1) Open SharePoint Designer 2013 > Account > Sign out under User information.

2) Clear the Windows credentials: go to Control Panel > Credential Manager > Remove the Windows Credentials(MicrosoftOffice15_Data: the affected user account).

4. Open SharePoint Designer and connect to the site collection again, when it’s prompting to input the login account, make sure the Keep me signed in is checked.

If the issue persists, to have a better understanding of your scenario, please share with me more info as below:

1. Screenshots of the error message you encountered.
  2. The detailed steps about how do you create your site?
  3. When and how do you enable the custom script?

Regards,

Neo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 27, 2020 Views 985 Applies to: