Sending updates only to added or deleted attendees no longer an option in Outlook 365/Outlook 2016

Recently users in my company have reported that the feature in Outlook that allows you to send a meeting invitation only to newly added or deleted attendees no longer works in Outlook.  We are on Outlook 365 and use the Outlook 2016 desktop version.  If we try adding one new person,the entire list of attendees receives the invite even though no details about the meeting have changed.  It no longer gives you the option to only send the invite to the newly added person.  This is a real problem since we have hundreds of invitations to update and don't want all attendees getting an invitation to something they already replied to.  PLEASE HELP!

I'm thinking there may have been an update recently to our software and this is a bug that needs fixing fast.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2020 Views 13,491 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi ByAndrea L,

According to my research, Outlook unexpectedly stops prompting and automatically sends Meeting updates to all attendees is a known issue and you can refer to the following article to revert to an earlier version to be a workaround:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-unexpectedly-stops-prompting-and-automatically-sends-meeting-updates-to-all-attendees-18506249-a20a-40c1-941d-95d9206b93ec

Here is the article about this known issue for your reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/fixes-or-workarounds-for-recent-issues-in-outlook-for-windows-ecf61305-f84f-4e13-bb73-95a214ac1230

Thanks,

Huni

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.