Second Stage Recycle Bin

Hi, I am curious if Office 365 SharePoint Online has a second stage recycle bin.  

I have read the descreption at this link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-the-Recycle-Bin-of-a-SharePoint-Online-site-collection-5fa924ee-16d7-487b-9a0a-021b9062d14b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

When I go into the Site Collection Recycle Bin, I do not see an option for Second Stage Recycle Bin.  I am a site collection administrator on all our site collections.  I have an end user who deleted a file, and then deleted it from the recycle bin.  The file in question does not show up in the site collection recycle bin, so I am trying to get to the second stage recycle bin referenced by Microsoft in the link above.

Thanks,
Mark

Answer
Answer

i think i may have answered my own question.  from the site collection recycle bin, i scrolled to the very bottom of the page, and there was a link saying "can't find what you're looking for?  check the second-stage recycle bin."  when i clicked on that, i was then successfully taken to the true second-stage recycly bin, where i found the deleted file in question and was able to restore it.

for anyone experiencing this issue, there is (as of 7/20/15) still a second stage recycle bin that is called just that.  just scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link to it.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2021 Views 13,378 Applies to: