Second (pirated) copy of Office installed next to Office 365

Split from this thread.

Greetings!

I have had the same problem. 

I have bought Office 365, but there is a very persistent pirated installation of a previous owner's pirated Office 2016 Pro Plus that still says "product is not activated" with that annoying pop-up window.

I have followed all the "fix it" (actually I ran the fix it module 3 times and rebooted 3 times for good measure) and then also the manual guides to the point, and the problem still persists.

I am running Win 10. Is there any way of absolutely and completely removing any trace of this Office pro plus 2016?

The same problem has been posted several times recently, I'm not sure whether was a diffinative answer.

Its not a 'pirate copy'

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The same problem has been posted several times recently, I'm not sure whether was a diffinative answer.

Its not a 'pirate copy'

I have meant "pirate copy" because he told me he had a weird program installed to activate it or something (Which he deleted with the office he thought he deleted), he definitely didn't buy it.

Yeah, I have seen that many people have this problem and it is a very persistent problem. Although I must say that in my case over night it just kinda disappeared. Today I have started word and there was no trace of Office 2016 there.

This is good, weird and a little suspicious, because I literally did nothing to solve this problem since I have posted this question.

Does Microsoft have the power to delete data and change registry keys on my computer without me knowing?

Is there an all knowing AI god answering our cyber prayers?

Am I dreaming?

Anyhow, I am glad that this kinda worked out but I will definitely be more careful now. 

Thanks for the answer!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 4, 2023 Views 765 Applies to: