Require to sign in when i try to open a OneDrive file

Split from this thread.

My updated to latest version Excel is part of my Office 365 Business suite.  I am being asked to sign in.  When I try the sign in fails using my correct credentials.

The request to sign in only seems to happen when I try to open a Onedrive file (same account).  Here is the message I see:

I have cleared my credentials, restarted dozens of times, to no avail.

When I enter my password it says something like contacting server and never stops.  I finally close Excel with Task Manager.

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Answer

Hi Buzz Watkins (Bwatkins),

Thanks for posting in the forum and sharing your experience with us.

We notice you have deleted credentials in Credential Manager. We suggest you make sure you have deleted the followings credentials via Credential Manager>Windows Credentials:

MicrosoftOffice16_Data related credentials

OneDrive Cached Credential related credentials

Also, you may try resetting OneDrive sync client:

1.Press the Win key + R. 

2.In the Run window, enter:  %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

3.Click OK

4.Restart your computer, open OneDrive sync client and sign in it with the steps in the article mentioned above.

If the issue persists, please share the following information with us for troubleshooting:

1.How do you open the file in OneDrive sync folder? By directly opening it in local OneDrive sync folder? Or via Office app>File>Open>browse and locate the file?

2.What is the version of your OneDrive sync client? (OneDrive Settings>About)

3.What is the format of the affected files?

4.Please share some related screenshots about the error messages. You can upload them in your reply via Insert image button as below:

Regards,

Tina

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2024 Views 1,718 Applies to: