reported error (0x8004210A)

Task '*** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: -ERR internal server error (6532)'

I have about 8 email addresses configured to Outlook.  Only two of them @sbcglobal.net get the above message.  I have Outlook check for messages every minute so sometimes I don't get the above error and Outlook checks messages without any issues and sometimes the script pops up asking to enter a login and password.  I'll hit ok and then it's fine.  This issue happens a dozen times an hour more or less.  Passwords are fine obviously.  Other emails I have are @yahoo.com and @charter.net.  I also own 3 websites with emails that use the server @secureserver.net.  Sometimes the above issue happens with @charter.net but maybe a  few times a day.  So virtually all other email addresses I do not have an issue with.

I've done quite a bit of troubleshooting.  I deleted the profile and started a new one.  Still the same above error.  I configured the @sbcglobal.net with Windows Live Mail and I get the same error.  I went on my other pc and did the same thing, same error.

I call AT&T and had them test my emails.  The used both of my @sbcglobal.net email and configured into their email clients and they said they didn't have any problems.  My email settings are configured properly.  This started happening just over two months ago, I had no issues prior.

I honestly do not know what's wrong and it's rather annoying.  I normally don't rely on help in forums as I can mostly do everything myself, but this just makes me pulling my hair out as I don't even have a clue what's causing this.

I think AT&T has an issue with their server or maybe not.  It's leading me to believe it's an AT&T problem as my other emails are ok.  AT&T says they have no idea what the issue is as they say everything is fine on their end, then they refer me to another department to purchase additional support to help me out with Outlook.  I believe it's not Outlook.

So if anyone has any clue on what's going on with these @sbcglobal.net email accounts I would greatly appreciate it.

Were there any recent changes or updates installed in the computer?

This issue may occur if any email scanning feature is integrated in Outlook by the Anti-virus or Firewall installed on the computer.

You may refer to the article below and check:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've already read so many suggestions, if I knew the above was the case I wouldn't be posting. Yes there have been recent changes and updates, but that is not the issue.  Keep in mind this is happening on my other pc which I seldom use.  It was doing it on my other pc before and after I did a clean reinstall of windows.  So nope, changes to computer is not the issue.

As for the scanning feature.  That is not the issue either.  Why all of a sudden it's I'm having this issue two months ago and only for the two email addresses ending in @sbcglobal.net.  Plus, I never had this issue before and I use a virus scanning feature for several years now.  Nope that is not the issue.

Does anyone else know the issue, possibly someone who think it's not the above?  Preferably someone who knows what they are talking about.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've already read so many suggestions, if I knew the above was the case I wouldn't be posting. Yes there have been recent changes and updates, but that is not the issue.  Keep in mind this is happening on my other pc which I seldom use.  It was doing it on my other pc before and after I did a clean reinstall of windows.  So nope, changes to computer is not the issue.

As for the scanning feature.  That is not the issue either.  Why all of a sudden it's I'm having this issue two months ago and only for the two email addresses ending in @sbcglobal.net.  Plus, I never had this issue before and I use a virus scanning feature for several years now.  Nope that is not the issue.

Does anyone else know the issue, possibly someone who think it's not the above?  Preferably someone who knows what they are talking about.
Well unless you mention exactly what are the steps you have tried, i am sure there is no way to know that.
Also if you are not sure that it is not a system specific issue, obviously it is not an issue with Outlook, isn't it?
Trying to be helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Excuse me but the steps/suggestions I tried was at the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514 hello.

Talk about my complaint being so thorough.  I'm sure it's an AT&T issue and right from the get go is what I've been saying, I never said it was an  Outlook problem.  I'm  using outlook for my email address and only the @sbcglobal.net I'm having an issue with. soooooooooooooooooo, if anyone else has this problem please respond, except for the above idiotic statements

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2022 Views 2,683 Applies to: