Replace Motherboard - TPM Error (C0090016) - can not sign in into office 365

Hi,

Using dell laptop. Currently replaced laptop's motherboard. After this having TPM (error code - C0090016) issues. can not sign-in into office 365, can not activate the license. 

Clear TPM, uninstall TPM

Already re-install office

but issue is still same .. Looking for help on this.

Answer
Answer

Hi Faiyaz85,

I apologize for all the trouble it has caused and sorry about your time.

As per your description, first may I know which Office 365 subscription you are using e.g. Office 365 Home/Family or Office 365 business.

First please make sure you have signed out the office 365 account from your Office 365 client app. After that please completely close the office 365 Apps and try to clean all the office logon credentials from the windows credential manager again on your side.  For you reference Accessing Credential Manager. After cleaning the credentials again, please try to completely restart your windows, and then re-open the Office client to check if you could use your office 365 account to sign in the Office 365 client,

On another hand, if the suggestions above don’t work. Base on this error message, we found these troubleshooting steps in some threads, you can follow the below steps to check the result:

1.  Go to Apps&Features, find Microsoft Office-> Modify-> Online Repair.

2.  Disable ADAL on a device. Close all the Office application, Regedit Editor-> HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\->

Create Type - REG_DWORD

Name - EnableADAL

Value- 0

3. You can also try to use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant to try to fix this issue.

To better understand this issue, I want to collect more information about it.

1. Could you please provide the full screenshot of the Office Product Information page if it’s available? (Word-> File-> Account-> Product Information page)

2.Screenshot of your error message.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best Regards

Waqas Muhammad

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 124,143 Applies to: