Repeating pop up message: "The application “Microsoft Update Assistant” is not open anymore"

Hey there,

Recently I updated to MacOS Big Sur version 11.3, and now every few minutes I get a pop up warning message that says "The application “Microsoft Update Assistant” is not open anymore". I am not sure how to even adjust the settings for Microsoft Update Assistant, so any help to stop this annoying pop up would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Answer
Answer

Hi Mjmarino1,

I go through the post carefully, per the description, it seems that you meet issue on Microsoft Update Assistant. The app could work for updating Office for mac and it seems to stop working for some reasons. To fix it, I would suggest you go to the link: Download Microsoft AutoUpdate 4.34 Package to download the latest version of the app, this will overwrite the previous one. For more information: Release history for Microsoft AutoUpdate (MAU) - Office release notes | Microsoft Docs

Hope these can help.

Regards,

Clark

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

101 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 23,238 Applies to: