Repeated password prompt for sharepoint online using Edge

Hello 

I have two AzureAD joined computers, I'm logged in to windows with the same AzureAD account. On one I can launch mytentant.sharepoint.com and get right to it. On the second computer I launch the same url and I get hit with a password prompt. Both machines on same build of windows 10 pro and same build number of Edge. I'm at a loss as to what other differences there could be. Appreciate any suggestions to help me get to the bottom of this. 

Answer
Answer
Hi JasonBeckett,

Based on your description, when you open SharePoint site on Edge, it keeps asking for password.

Here are some suggestions, and I hope they can help you:
1. Add the site to Local Intranet Zone.
a. On the Windows Search box, enter and open Internet Options
b. Under Security tab, navigate to Local Intranet > Sites > Advanced. Enter the URL of your SharePoint site and click Add. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" box and click Close.
2. Add the site to Trusted Sites.
a. On the Windows Search box, enter and open Internet Options
b. Under Security tab, navigate to Trusted Sites > Sites. Enter the URL of your SharePoint site and click Add. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" box and click Close.
c. Under Security tab, navigate to Custom Level and scroll down to User Authentication > Logon. Select "Automatic logon with current user name and password" option and click OK.
d. In Microsoft Edge, select Settings > Passwords & autofill > turn on "Save passwords"
If the problem persists, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
Jazlyn 
-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2024 Views 8,668 Applies to: