Removing the Outlook app on android phone.

I have just moved  from windows phone Nokia 920 to a HTC 530 Android mainly because the 920 can't be upgraded to W10 and a lot of apps now are not available in windows.  I have a hotmail account that is now Outlook so downloaded the Outlook app signed in but couldn't sign out that meant if anybody picked up my phone and selected the app they would be straight into my mail, didn't like that so remove it was the answer. But not as easy as removing windows apps hold finger on app and select from list, gone. Followed MS instructions and canceled tick in box but when selecting app a uninstall drops down from the top of the screen but when you withdraw your finger it leaps back in again so it becomes a two finger job which i think is quite appropriate for this app. Could MS please build in a sign out feature into this app.             

Moved from: Outlook.com /Email /Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2020 Views 3,387 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Edward,

If you are trying to sign out your email account through the Outlook app on mobile a phone, you can use the delete account option to remove your account from the app as it is designed that way. This option is already good as signing out or disassociating your account from the Outlook app. To do this, you may navigate to the account settings of the mobile app, then select your account and choose the option to delete the account.

We’re just here if you need further help.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.