Removed calenders in Office 365 still available in Google Calendar

I've shared my training calendar in Garmin Connect with my Office 365 account. That works great.

I then added the Office 365 account to Google Calendar on my Android phone (Pixel 6 Pro) as an Exchange account. That also works and I get all events in my calendar.

When I remove the connection between Garmin Connect and Office 365 the calendar is removed from Office 365, but there is still a calendar left in Google Calendar from Office 365. If I do this a couple of times (connect Garmin Connect to Office 365 and remove it) I will each time get a new calendar left. To not get duplicate events in the calendar I have to untick each of those extra calendars to hide the events from them. It is of course not a normal use case to add and remove connections like that over and over again but it can happen a few times over the years. One of the calendars is from 2019 and another one from 2022.

When I first add the calendar it is named "Garmin Connect". After I've removed it, it is renamed to "Garmin Connect" + date and time, ex. "GarminConnectTue Feb 13 11:42:07 GMT"

There are no extra calendars visible in Office 365 or in Google Calendar on the web. They are only visible on the phone.

There are deleted calendars visible from before I got this new phone so they cannot all be cached by the phone.

I believe Office 365 in some way keeps a copy of the delete calendars. Maybe a retention policy to be able to recover deleted items, but why are they available to Google Calendar as non-deleted calendars and even after 4 years time.

|

Dear Anders Svan

Good morning. Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We have received your query and you can expect to receive a response from one of our community moderators accordingly.

At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you.

Best regards

Community Moderator.

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Anders,

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

Based on your description regarding "Removed calenders in Office 365 still available in Google Calendar". To understand the situation and be able to offer you relevant suggestions, we would need a little more information from you. Kindly help us in providing the following information.

• May I know if you are using Outlook App, Maill app or Google App?

• May I please know whether you are using Microsoft 365 Business subscription email account or Microsoft 365 Family / Personal or any other subscription email account?

• May I double confirm that you get same behavior after removing the Office 365 account from Google Calendar on your Android phone and Re-add the Office 365 account to Google Calendar on your Android phone?

• May I double confirm that you get same behavior after clearing the cache and data for the Google Calendar app on your Android phone.

• May I please know the account type are you using? Is it POP, IMAP or Exchange account?

• Would you mind to kindly provide the screenshot of the outlook version are you using? What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support

We are looking forward to your response! This requested information will help us to narrow down the scenario and find the right troubleshooting. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Inema |Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

In the Outlook app everything is working as it should. There are no extra calendars.

In the Google Calendar app I see the deleted calendars.

I'm using an Microsoft 365 business subscription email account.

I removed the Office 365 account from Google Calendar. Cleared the storage and cache from Google Calendar. Added the Office 365 account back and all those deleted calendars came back. So, no difference.

Clearing storage and cache for the apps on Android got no effect.

I'm using an Exchange account.

My Outlook online.

Outlook on Android: v. 4.2404.1

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Anders,

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this might be causing you. I do understand your query here but since your exchange account works as expected in the Outlook online/app, the issue seems particularly with the Google calendar app, since we are belonging to Microsoft community forum site support, we have limited knowledge about third-party app (Google Calendar app). Therefore, I sincerely recommend you contact Google support team for further assistance.

Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a good day!

Best regards,

Inema |Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is a good idea to contact support for Google Calendar app to have them ignore those calendars, but they are still available from the Exchange server. That means that if a shared calendar is removed from a Microsoft 365 account it will still be possible to access and read the contents of the events by simply using a 3rd party application.

Isn't that a potential security and privacy issue that needs to be handled?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Inema I Thing that question is very important. I have the same issue and it's an Exchange/ Imap issue not a Google one 'cause it seems that remain some footprint of your calendars around the world with Garmin Connect but nobody know hot to delete this calendars :((

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there anybody who care this issue? It’s an important privacy and security issue ‘cause exchange calendars remain “in the air” :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2024 Views 95 Applies to: