remove Paragraph symbol in outlook for Mac 2021

I accidentally put in a key combo and now paragraph symbols are showing up in my emails. How can I turn them off? 

All the advice online is dated or doesn't apply to Outlook for Mac version 16.46 

Thanks. 

** Moved from: Outlook.com / Options and settings / Email settings **

Answer
Answer

Hello Croco_785,

Thanks for your post in Microsoft community.

Regarding your issue, request you to please kindly provide us screenshot of your entire issue, it helps to understand your issue more clearly.

Further we would like to confirm does this issue occurs on New Outlook for mac or classic/old outlook for Mac? You may try to switch outlook for Mac version to see if is there any difference. Outlook version switch option available on the top right side of your outlook.

You may try to open old/classic Outlook for mac, now create one new test email and check paragraph mark option as highlighted in below screenshot is selected. If yes, deselect it to hide and then check the effect.

Please kindly use Outlook Reset Preferences tool because this tool resets all Outlook preferences to their default settings. For detail step by step information, please check our official article OutlookResetPreferences.

If still same issue occurs, we need to narrow down the issue and for that request you to please kindly provide your Mac OS version details, Outlook version details with build information and screenshot of the issue. Your co-operation will be highly appricated.

Thank you so much for your precious time.

Regards,

Ankita Vaidya

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 6,470 Applies to: