Reinstalling Office 15 / 365 following software issues

Office 365 Home Premium is on the computer but has no files or exe files to access it following issues with Word.  How do I reinstall Office back onto the same computer via my Microsoft Office account, it only allows to 'deactivate' as far as I can see - and does this still keep the same number of subscriptions?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Office and providing us an opportunity to assist you.

As per the description provided, I understand that you are unable to launch any Office 2013 applications as there are no icons for the same. Let me help you to open these applications:

Let us try to locate the Office 2013 applications from the following location:

Login to your wife's user account. Press Windows key + E key on the keyboard and navigate to:

C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office\Office 15\

For 64 bit version of Windows: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 15\

Right click on EXCEL.exe, WINWORD.exe, OUTLOOK.exe, POWERPNT.exe, ONENOTE.exe and click Send To and click Desktop (create shortcut).

If that does not help, then you may repair Office 2013 following the steps from this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2769349

Hope the suggestion is helpful. If you have any other Office related questions, get back to us and we will be happy to provide help.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately this advice has not worked.

There is an Office 15 folder within program files, but within that folder only a 'root' folder exists and within that there are no files or items (I used this to originally set up shortcuts on the desk top).

Using the second option to 'repair' - Office 365 does not appear in the 'uninstall a program' list - therefore I am unable to uninstall or repair it!

Thirdly - the 'quick repair' and 'online repair' were the processes I went through when the 'word crashing' events happened.  On completion of this I was advised that I didn't have an up-to-date version of windows on this computer ( I am running on Windows 8)! and the shortcuts and also office then did not work from this point onwards!

Any further ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 16, 2023 Views 1,932 Applies to: