Refund on subscription

Hello,

I would like to request a refund for the recent subscription made.

Payment was only made last night. I have now turned off auto renewal, but I would like to cancel my subscription and get a full refund please.

I have tried to do this on my end but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks

Melissa de Sieno

This is the email I received.

It says I am entitled to a refund.

Thank you for processing this.

Your 1 year subscription to Microsoft 365 Personal has been renewed

Your subscription was successfully renewed on Wednesday, February 15, 2023. On your next renewal date, Thursday, February 15, 2024, AUD 99.00 including taxes will be charged.

Sign into your Microsoft account to manage your subscriptions, including changing your payment method or cancelling a subscription to prevent future charges.

You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being charged. This refund right is limited to one time, per Microsoft Account per subscription product. 

Hi Melissa D, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. I understand your inquiry but please understand that in order to get a refund for Microsoft 365 subscription, you will need to successfully cancel your Microsoft 365 subscription. There are conditions for refund: 1. When you cancel an annual subscription purchased within the last 30 days. 2. When you cancel a monthly subscription within 30 days of the last renewal. Kindly follow steps below to cancel Microsoft 365 subscription: 1. Go to services and subscriptions page using this link https://account.microsoft.com/services and if prompted, be sure to sign in with the same Microsoft account that has the Microsoft 365 subscription. 2. Select Cancel subscription. 3. Follow the instructions on the page to proceed with cancellation by turning off recurring billing. https://support.microsoft.com/office/46e2634c-c64b-4c65-94b9-2cc9c960e91b Refund is processed automatically after you successfully cancel your subscription and it takes 3 to 5 business days. If you are not able to cancel your subscription, you need to contact Microsoft billing support to assist you in cancelling the subscription to get a refund using the steps below: 1. Go to http://support.office.com/home/chat 2. Describe your issue (Request a refund for Microsoft 365 subscription) and click 'Get Help'. Then scroll down to select Contact support. 3. Select your product (Microsoft 365 and Office) and category (manage my subscription) > click Confirm. 4. Click ‘Chat with support agent’ > Confirm. 5. Click Start Chat. Hope this helps!

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Blessing,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already cancelled my auto renewal, can you please confirm if I have done this correctly on your end?

When I try to cancel subscription it tells me to contact your office.

Please can you process the refund for my account from your end?

Thanks

Melissa

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is what happens when I try to cancel subscription:

"We can’t cancel your subscription

You have already paid for your Microsoft 365 Personal subscription. It will expire automatically on 2/14/2024."

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Melissa D, Thank you for your feedback. Keep in mind that this is a user-to-user community and we cannot access your account. Kindly follow steps below to contact Microsoft support to assist you cancel the subscription to get a refund: 1. Go to http://support.office.com/home/chat 2. Describe your issue (Request a refund for subscription) and click 'Get Help'. Then scroll down to select Contact support. 3. Select your product (Microsoft 365 and Office) and category (manage my subscription) > click Confirm. 4. Click ‘Chat with support agent’ > Confirm. 5. Click Start Chat.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again,

I have done the above twice, and there was a glitch in the system, so I am waiting for someone to get back to me to resolve the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Melissa D, thank you for your feedback. I will encourage you to patiently wait as you try to connect with Microsoft support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Melissa,

I am <reserved title removed by moderator> just like many others.

You have to turn off auto-renewal for a subscription at least 2 days prior to next recurring billing date to avoid the charge. You can do that by signing into account.microsoft.com/services page. Please note you'll have to turn recurring billing on or off for all the subscriptions you may have individually.

You can refer to this support article for steps -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-recurring-billing-on-or-off-for-microsoft-365-for-home-c7c0bc32-9744-4acf-9818-815d5c96cc59

As far as your refund is concerned, if you haven't received any refunds from Microsoft within past 12 months, please contact Microsoft support and they're most likely to cancel the subscription on your behalf and refund it immediately. However, it may take a few days to reflect in your bank account depending on your financial institution how they process it.

Please do let us by replying to this post how it goes.

Best wishes.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 10, 2024 Views 27,340 Applies to: