Redirect loop on Login (Firefox)

Hello, I am haivng a problem logging in to my inbox in Firefox. I am constantly redirected between these two pages...

https://outlook.office.com/owa/?realm=servethecity.es#authRedirect=true&wa=wsignin1.0

https://login.microsoftonline.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=4&ct=1461244980&rver=6.6.6556.0&wp=MBI_SSL&wreply=https%3a%2f%2foutlook.office.com%2fowa%2f%3frealm%3dservethecity.es%26authRedirect%3dtrue&id=260563&whr=servethecity.es&CBCXT=out&msafed=0#authRedirect=true&wa=wsignin1.0

The screen displays the Outlook logo and "starting...." 

I am able to log in using Chrome and if, (using firefox) I search "office365 login" and hit the first link that comes up I find myself straight at my admin page, using the navigation square in the top left corner and heading to mail just puts me back in the redirect loop. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

hi warren,

since the office 365 account works fine in the chrome, it indicates that your office 365 account is working fine. to narrow down the root cause of the issue, i’d like to collect the following information.

1.what is version of the firefox browser? please make sure it’s up to data.

2.does the issue persist if you clean the browser cache?

click the menu button and choose options > select the advanced panel > click on the network tab > in the cached web content section, click clear now > close the about:preferences page.

any changes you've made will automatically be saved.

3.if you use the private mode does the issue occur?

best regards,

toby

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Toby,

Thanks for the quick response. I have checked i have the latest version of Firefox and then went ahead and deleted the cache and the Offline web content and user date cache too.  the only difference that makes is that now when I try and log in I get directed to the following page which is completely blank

login.microsoftonline.com/login.srf

However, when i run in private I get straight to my inbox.

Any other ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems to be a cookie issue (read: Microsofts fault), I resolved it by removing individual cookies containing "outlook" and "office". There is a ton of them, all from MS platforms. Hope it helps you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Clearing the cache does not remove cookies from Firefox, so I assume my solution works a bit better.

• Just go to Settings => privacy => remove individual cookies
  • Search for outlook delete everything, then office, delete again.

Or just remove all cookies if you don't care about saved logins on other web sites

When I did this the login loop was changing after removing the "outlook" cookies and was gone after removing the "office" cookies.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks all for your responses. I have tried deleting cookies related to outlook, then office and then all cookies. Still no joy. Weirdly though, now when I log in to office365 I am getting through to my admin page. When I try and go to mail, I get redirected to:

login.microsoftonline.com/login.srf

which displays a blank screen. I am at a complete loss to explain it!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your reply.

I wonder if you have tried to reinstall the Firefox browser and check if the issue persists. If yes, as the root cause is related to the Firefox browser and our forum focuses on Office 365 Online services, to ensure you receive the professional assistance and resolve the issue more effective, I suggest you also involve the browser support engineer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Toby

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue in Chrome.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My users are experiencing this issue in Chrome and Edge browsers. The problem seems to be cookie related. Clearing cache or using an Incognito/InPrivate window is a workaround but NOT a solution. This is causing major problems for my users who need reliable access to Outlook in the browser.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Users logging into mail.office365.com or mail.tenantname.com get hit with an endless redirect and Outlook never successfully loads.

This may be related to adding a cname record with host name "mail" redirecting to "outlook.office365.com" (Office 365 is handling the DNS and the added CNAME record was added via portal.office365.com > Settings > Domain. This was done in so users can login with our Azure AD custom login screen via "mail.tenantname.com".

My users are experiencing this issue in Chrome and Edge browsers. The problem seems to be cookie related. Clearing cache or using an Incognito/InPrivate window is a workaround but NOT a solution. This is causing major problems for my users who need reliable access to Outlook in the browser.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@WarrenBatt, @PaulKulikowski , I don’t think it could relate to cookie or settings. It should be the redirection problem in firefox.  The redirection is not coming from the login page to OWA. it's from login page to azure then to OWA.

Can you let me know if directly access “mail.office365.com” and what will happen?

@JoostRooijmans ADFS is another story and I suggest creating a new thread that our support can help.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 14,914 Applies to: