Recently In Word for Mac ... I cannot access my Custom templates. It also crashes my computer trying to open them-The titles sit on blank documents

Recently In Word for Mac ... I cannot access my Custom templates. The module opens when I click new. and I see MS templates with my Custom templates. Mine have my titles over blank Portrait documents trying to load. They do not load and sit on the beach ball I have to force quit word. It also crashes my computer trying to open them-The titles sit on blank documents

Hi Moematic21! Thank you for writing to the Microsoft Answer Community Forum, I am Shakiru, an advisor and a user like you, and I am glad to be helping you out today. I understand you are having an issue with accessing the custom template on the Microsoft Word on the Mac PC. Please do these to resolves the issue: 1. FORCE QUIT AND RELAUNCH MICROSOFT WORD: - Click on the Apple logo at the top-left corner. -Select Force Quit from the menu. -Select Microsoft Word from the list and click on the Force Quit button. 2. UPDATE THE MICROSOFT WORD APP -Open the Mac App Store. -Click on Updates from the left menu. -Check for an update of the Microsoft Word app. - If yes, update the app and relaunch it 3. BOOT YOUR MAC IN SAFE MODE AND THEN TRY OPEN THE MICROSOFT WORD IN THE SAFE MODE 4. RUN DISK UTILITY -Click on Launchpad from the Dock. -Search for Disk Utility. - Click on the Disk Utility icon to open it. -Click on Run to start First Aid. -Click on Continue to confirm your choice. I hope this help resolves the issue Best Regards, Shakiru

Give a helping hand today.....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

Did you try any of Shakiru's suggestions? What was the result?

Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 3, 2023 Views 39 Applies to: