Receiving reported error (0x8004210E): on Outlook form Office 365 on my Laptop

Receiving reported error (0x8004210E):

Outlook 365, Windows 10 x64, iPhone X

Issue: Reading and sending emails using iPhone X default email prevents Outlook on my Laptop from downloading new emails from the same server. The iPhone’s settings were entered per Spectrum/TWC’s requirements.  Powering down the iPhone and shutting down the account on my iPhone does not allow access to emails using the PC. Email receipt is restored between 30 minutes to several hours after using the iPhone. The error message from Outlook on my laptop is pasted below, verbatim:

‘Receiving reported error (0x8004210E): 'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it.  The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.'

1. Emails are downloaded from Spectrum/TWC's server my e-mail provider.

2. The default email program included in apple's iPhone X OS is used to read/reply/send email

3. The iPhone's emails settings were entered per Spectrum/TWCs spec.

4. Outlook runs on my Laptop running Win 10

5. The error message was displayed on my pc by Outlook.

6. iPhone does not generate error messages relating to this issue, in fact, there is no problem with emails on the iPhone. The problem is with Outlook  on my Laptop.

7. I have already run fixing tool for outlook, fixing tool for pst file, changing pop/smtp setting, disabling virus protection, setting exception to allow e-mails to pass thru firewall and started Outlook in Safe Mode where the problem still exists on my Laptop.

8. FYI When I enable another address on my iPhone with the same settings as my primary account I get the same error for that address.

I would be grateful if anyone has encountered this situation before and has a solution,

Thank you in advance,

Hi,

Outlook error 0x8004210e is a common type of error which occurs when an email message is sent to or received from.

This message restricts sending/receiving mails. Each time you try to access any data, error report will be generated and causes inaccessibility. As long as this error exists, emails cannot be sent or received.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you try the following methods below:

Method 1:

Adjust internet setting configurations and make sure Outlook server is connected to it and the email server that you are accessing should not be already in use.

Method2:

Run Office Configuration Analyzer Tool information.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 8,454 Applies to: