Random users in Powerpoint Presentation

I am working on a Powerpoint I have shared with one person (it is saved in my One Drive). I can see four additional guest users apparently editing the first slide. The person I am working with assures me it hasn't been shared more widely, so who are these users and where have they come from? They all have one-word, generic names ('Artichoke', 'Wheatgrass', 'Balsa', 'Fringe-Tree', 'Plumeria' ).

Hello! Sarah Swain

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

It's possible that these users are part of a feature in PowerPoint called "Real-time collaboration". This feature allows multiple users to work on the same presentation simultaneously. However, it's also possible that someone else has gained access to your OneDrive account and is editing the presentation.

To check who has access to your OneDrive account, you can go to the OneDrive website and click on the "Shared" tab. From there, you can see who has access to your files and remove any users who shouldn't have access.

If you're still unsure about the origin of these users, I recommend changing your OneDrive password and enabling two-factor authentication to ensure the security of your account.

I would also recommend to re-share the PowerPoint file to remove the guest users, you can use the Share with specific people: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support as this will generate a new link for the shared file. Please note to let the people/person know that you will be un-sharing and re-sharing the file to the specific person/people.

Additionally, allow me to ask:

• Can I know what version and edition of Office installed in your computer?

• You can open any Office apps

• Go to File > Accounts - on the right side you can see Product Information

• Are all the file locally saved in your device? or in OneDrive?

• Is the file shared by someone else? or originally created by you?

• I would like to know what @domain and who is hosting your email account? example for @domains: Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, Outlook.com/Hotmail.com

• May I know if the account is for Work/School use? or Personal (Hotmail/Outlook.com) use?

I hope it helps!

Thank you,

Vince

Microsoft Community Moderator

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Sarah Swain

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Vince

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 432 Applies to: