Quick Chart Web Part Data - SharePoint Online

I am using the Quick Chart Web Part on one of my pages in SPO. Recently, I have been given the ability to use a SP list as the data source for the quick chart. I have a list that I want to use that is indeed saved to the same site as the quick chart, but for some reason I am unable to select it as the data source. Does anyone know why I cannot use this list as my data source for the quick chart?

A few notes:

• I originally created this list on another SP site, but I wanted it on my current site. I saved the list on the other site as a template and uploaded it to the current site as a template.
  • I built an app with PowerApps with this list as its data source with no issues.
  • I already know that I can export the list to Excel and create a graph to be displayed on a SharePoint page, so please do not suggest that. I want to use the Quick Chart web part because it is quite a streamlined process when compared to the Excel option.
  • This option of adding a data source to a Quick Chart is somewhat new, as I have not found much discussion of it anywhere, so I understand if it's still being worked on and would appreciate confirmation of that theory if it is the case :)

Thanks!

Answer
Answer

Hi James,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Based on our test, the SharePoint list is showed in the data source for the Quick Chart when the list column is having the numerical values. We had tried using the Choice column with numeric values as choice, then the list is showed up in a data source of Quick chart. We can understand the inconvenience caused by it and suggest you provide an feedback in SharePoint UserVoice as related team can take into consideration by allowing it.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

Chitrahaas

--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2020 Views 2,669 Applies to: