Quick Access Toolbar [QAT] Icons on Office 365 Word too big

I have Office 365 v1811 on a new Win 10 Pro 1809 computer for a client.  I have an extensive set of buttons on my QAT that fit in Word 2010, but not in 365 v1811.  After gleaning as many as I can I still need to get 6 more positions on the toolbar.   While working the Options I noticed this version has a much improved Spelling and Grammar checker now called Grammar & Refinements. As an editor, this piqued my interest.  However, since I use the full QAT constantly, not having it all fit on the toolbar is a killer, not to mention the icons are so washed out it is hard to see the differences.

So unless I can find a way to get more buttons on the QAT, I will stick with Word 2010.

Any ideas?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

You are right. (They are smaller than 2016 in 2013 as well.) Please don't shoot the messenger! I am a fellow user trying to help you use the Word that is rather than the one that should be.  A minor workaround is to put Word into Mouse Mode rather than touch mode. Here is a comparison. AFAIK, it is the same in Word 2016 and 2019.

The people who can make changes to Word seldom, if ever, read anything that is posted in this help forum.

You can use the Feedback mechanism in Word or post directly to UserVoice to let developers know what you want.

I will be posting comparison that in UserVoice as well. I urge you to vote and comment. 

https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/35425126-fix-qat-button-spacing

Voting for this uservoice suggestion is closed, but you can still comment!

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

Regards

Please mark helpful or answered as appropriate to help other users.

Charles Kenyon
Attorney at Law
Madison, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 29, 2020 Views 157 Applies to: