publish reports in Excel

I use Excel 2016 to manage performance data of the sales team. How do I create a manager's version (approx. 10 managers) of the report that only contains the people under them? How do I then create the individual reports (approx. 100 total ) for the people under the managers?

The reports need to be confidential so managers can only see their team members and the individuals under them can only see their own results/report.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi Glen,

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Are you trying to add a connection to an existing or a new Microsoft Excel workbook file?
  • What action or steps have you tried?
  • Ar you trying to configure Excel connection?

We look forward to your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for reaching out to me. Please see my responses below:

• Are you trying to add a connection to an existing or a new Microsoft Excel workbook file?
    • All of the content is currently in a single XLS (Excel 2016) workbook. I have not tried to add an extension. (I’m not sure what that entails, or what it “does”).
  • What action or steps have you tried?
    • So far, I am in the process of creating a dashboard/monthly report template that can be distributed to the sales team. The critical data (NAME, Territory #, top customers by volume, etc.) is being identified. Once it is finalized, I need to be able to push the info into the template. Likewise, the manager version of the report will have most of the same content plus slicers to quickly manipulate their view (e.g., top 3 territories in the area, top 10% of customers, etc.)
  • Are you trying to configure Excel connection?
    • No.

What I need to ensure is data privacy. Depending upon implementation, the users only see the data in their scope. A territory can only see  his own results (and not the data in his neighbor’s territory), but a manager can see all/only the people in his area (but cannot see the data for any other area). Otherwise, I am manually cutting and pasting over 100 reports and sending each out one at a time.

I appreciate your help!

Regards,

Glen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That features is not yet available for Office 2016. We encourage you to submit your issue using Feedback Hub.  You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you have submitted (it may take a while to appear).
  8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
  9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

As always, your input will be highly appreciated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 60 Applies to: