Problems with Office for Mac 2011 login

I'm trying to launch Outlook in Office for Mac 2011 and can't log in
Answer
Answer

Hi CatherineMcGorrian,

If you can’t sign into the outlook for mac 2011 with your email account, first, please make sure you have entered the correct log on credential ( email account and password). If this are OK, then please check your email configurations in the outlook for mac 2011.  If you are using office 365 account, we do not recommend you configured your office 365 account with POP/IMAP protocol, please try to use the Exchange protocol ( use the office 365 account and password directly to sign in) and then see if the issue disappears.

On another hand, as you are using outlook for mac 2011, in this case, I’d like to share with you that the outlook for mac 2011 has ended support by office 365 now, for more information please refer to Support has ended for Office for Mac 2011. So for your current issue we can only provide limited support on outlook for mac 2011, for a better using experience and further support, we recommend that please upgrade to office 2016 for mac.  If you have any other problems on outlook for mac 2016, we would give you some further assistance then. For upgrading to office 2016 for mac, please refer to the end of the article I shared before.

Your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2023 Views 470 Applies to: