Problem re Custom Word Templates in Office 365.

I have installed Office 365 on my new PC with OS Windows 10 Pro.   Word opens but first screen does not show previous headers of Featured and Custom for templates.  I wish to have my custom templates shown on first screen.  Have tried fix tools without success.  I cannot find any command in Word which allows custom templates to be displayed when opening Word.   Has anyone got a fix for this?

Do you mean this pane:

• Go to File menu > Options command > General option > Start Up Options section.
  • Turn ON option "Show the Start Screen when this application opens"

************* Optional Reading  ****************

@File Location- Word 2016 Templates: "Featured" vs "Shared" vs "Custom" location names! -
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/wiki/msoffice_word-msoffice_custom/word-2016-templates-featured-vs-shared-vs-custom/d23e9c8f-5420-4bcd-84fd-e502e21ab0a5?tm=1477730378693
Word 2016 changed (again!<sigh> ) the way templates are handled. Unfortunately the names used are not obvious. I've been puzzled about it for a while now and finally tripped over some answers. This wiki tries to summarize what I've found.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 81 Applies to: