Privacy settings for Office for Mac

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm having the same problems as the original poster. My MacBook Air was updated and I can't access Microsoft Word or Excel. I have provided a screenshot of the error message.

I tried doing the clear cache and also force closing multiple times but it still pops up when I try to go into an Microsoft program.  

Answer
Answer

Hi Tori_Tsubasa,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. From your problem description, the privacy settings continue popping up when you tend to open Word and Excel. You have also tried deleting the cache folders based on the suggestion by James in the original thread. Based on our test in 16.29 version, the privacy message didn’t pop up from our side. Please try following methods and see the outcomes.

1: Enter Mac Safe Mode to isolate the problem caused by the other programs on your Mac.

2: Switch to a new Mac user profile. Some unexpected problem might be caused by the Mac user profile configuration.

If this problem still exists, please provide the following information to us.

1: The screenshot of your Office App version. You can open Word > Select Word > About Microsoft Word to find it. The latest Office version should be 16.29 at this moment. If you are not using the latest version, we suggest user to update to the latest version.

2: Your Mac OS version.

3: When did this problem occur? Did your make any changes before this problem happened?

Notes: To protect your information, please remove any private information before you share the screenshots with us. Thank you.

Best regards,

Dihao

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2023 Views 688 Applies to: