Print 2 A5 pages on one A4

Okay, there seem to heaps of questions for this but not the one I need an answer for (if seems).  I have a paper size of A5 - and I want to print two copies per A4 page (2 A5 pages in portrait on a landscape A4).  How hard is this to do? Well, it's no obvious to do on Word (or my printer settings).  I have tried various combinations on the diolog boxes but it prints them out differently to what is clearly logical (given the ISO paper sizes).

|

Hi Paul,

The Settings portion within the Print menu provides option to scale your document to your preferred size. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the version of Office 2016 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.

In the meantime, we'd recommend using the following settings when you attempt to print the document:

1. Under Settings, select Landscape Orientation.
  2. Select A4 as the paper size.
  3. On the option that allows you to modify the number of pages per sheet, select 2 Pages per Sheet.
  4. Under the same menu, hover to the Scale to Paper Size option and select A5.

We look forward to your response.

77 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, Jelu Cal's answer didn't work for me, but what did work is:

On the Print page:

1. Under Settings, leave it with Portrait Orientation.
  2. Keep A5 as the paper size.
  3. On the option that allows you to modify the number of pages per sheet, select 2 Pages per Sheet.
  4. Under the same menu, hover to the Scale to Paper Size option and select A4.

Just to be clear - my document is set in the Page Layout tab as A5, Portrait.  That's what I see as I edit the document.  What I want to do is to print the document 2 x A5 portrait pages per A4 (landscape) sheet of paper, so I can cut the sheets down the middle, and I have a nice set of A5 portrait pages which I can speak from.  I have a large page number in the heading at the top so that I can easily put the pages in order if I drop them.

The settings I've stated keep the document in the nice A5 portrait format when I go back to edit it, which is good.

Actually these settings make absolute sense, when I come to think of it.  My "paper size" set in the Page Layout tab is A5.  The "two pages per sheet" setting with no scaling will print the two portrait pages side by side, scaled down to fit on A5 landscape paper.  But I want that result to be scaled up to fit on A4 paper, so it makes complete sense to select Scale to Paper Size A4.

204 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2021 Views 120,511 Applies to: