Presenter View in Powerpoint 2016 with Windows 10 not working.

I have a Lenovo P51 with Windows 10 Enterprise and Office 2016 64bit installed. Whenever the user starts a slide show presenter view does not work. It works in Admin Mode but the user is not an Admin. I have checked with Microsoft, Lenovo, and NVidia and all display drivers are up to date. I have adjusted monitors, tried various connections, tried different graphic adapters, changed settings within display settings and PowerPoint but nothing makes a difference. The Troubleshooter didn't work either. Admin Rights are the only thing that works but I cannot give them the user. Any help or idea would be appreciated.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues with starting a slideshow is because of the display driver. Since your drivers are up to date, one of the possible solutions that we could try is removing the graphic driver and leave Windows update to find the driver.

Let us know if it works out fine for you.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues with starting a slideshow is because of the display driver. Since your drivers are up to date, one of the possible solutions that we could try is removing the graphic driver and leave Windows update to find the driver.

Let us know if it works out fine for you.

Regards.

Hi,

Uninstalled both display drivers and reset the machine. It then searched for current drivers and installed two, one for intel and one for NVidia. They look exactly the same as the previous ones. There is no change to PowerPoint.

I have found that in the slide show I clicked 'Swap Presenter View and Slide' under display settings and Presenter View worked after that. This adds extra steps and I have never had to do this before.

This is very frustrating since PowerPoint works normally in Admin Mode but not standard.  Why the extra steps?

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update. Just to verify, were there any changes or updates made prior to this happening?

Regards.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 17, 2022 Views 7,460 Applies to: