Predictive text on touchbar

I have Microsoft office & outlook installed on my Macbook Pro with touchbar. The touchbar doesn't seem to be displaying predictive text on the touchbar while i am typing in it. 

Please let me know if Microsoft is yet to release a update with the mentioned feature in it Or is it just me who is facing this issue.

Answer
Answer

Hi Ajith Sugathan,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft forum.

Based on your description, I'd like to confirm with you if you were talking about the Typing suggestions feature on Mac.

If this is your concern, although I haven't found an official article saying that this feature is unavailable for Outlook 365 for Mac, based on my test on a Mac Pro (Catalina 10.15.5) and in Outlook (Version 16.42), I did fail to realize this feature in most of the Office apps, like Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Neither can I use this feature in Google Chrome, for your information. I was able to realize this feature in Mac built-in apps, like Safari, iMessage, Numbers, Texteditor, etc. 

And I've found people giving feedback about adding this feature in Outlook User Voice. See touch bar to display word suggestions. This will allow fast typing. I've seen people giving the same feedback about Predictive Text not working on Macbook Pro Touch Bar in Apple community, for your information.

Therefore, what I could suggest is that you may vote for ideas in Outlook User Voice and leave your comments and suggestions there. Meanwhile, please keep your Office apps and Mac operating system updated in their latest versions. Sorry for any inconvenience! Hopefully, the feature could be realized as soon as possible!

Thank you for your understanding and for being a part of Microsoft family!

For your reference:

Best regards & Stay safe,

Qian

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2021 Views 309 Applies to: