Powerpoint error message - Sorry we ran into a problem

I am getting the message "Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." when running PowerPoint slide shows on Sharepoint. How can we fix this problem? This error message displays on both Windows PCs and Mac computers.

Dear DaDigger,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft forum.

May I confirm if you are using PowerPoint for the web to present your slideshows? If so, please try accessing your slide in a different browser or open the same browser in InPrivate mode to rule out the browser issue. To know how to open Edge in InPrivate mode see, Browse InPrivate in Microsoft Edge, if you are using another browser, you can follow similar step.

Also, if this happens frequently and happens to all the users in your tenant, we will suggest you please contact your tenant admin, so they can create a support ticket to Microsoft support. You may also refer to Contact support for business products - Admin Help.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!

With sincerest regards,

Neha Singh | Microsoft Community Moderator

***Note: In the event that you're unable to reply to this thread, please ensure that your Email address is verified in the Community Website by clicking on Your Account Name > "My Profile" > "Edit Profile" > Add your Email Address > tick "Receive email notifications" checkbox > click on "Save".***    

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your response.

Yes - I am using PowerPoint for the web.

The presentation works fine in desktop Powerpoint. I have tried in private mode. I have tried in Chrome and Edge. Always the same result. Others are also seeing this error.

I am the tenant admin. I have created a ticket with our reseller who we buy our MS licenses thru, but they are useless.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I there an another way to create a Microsoft Ticket. When I go thru my Microsft 365 admin panel I can only raise a ticket with my reseller / partner. They are useless (reboot your computer recommendation - i am the tenant admin with a lot of upset users that can't do their training because our training is using Powerpoint online)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found how to create a MS ticket. I see there is an option on the Contact support to create a New Microsoft ticket

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi DaDigger,

Good day! Thank you for posting back to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

First, I would like to appreciate your efforts of spending time doing all those tests.

As I can see from your replies, you mentioned that the other users have the same problem, this issue may be related to your tenant.

We also noticed that you have found the way to raise a ticket, if you have any updates or solutions about this issue during raising ticket, welcome to post back and share with us. This will help other community members who have the same issue.

Thanks for your understanding. We look forward to your reply. Stay safe!

With Sincerest Regards,

Edwine | Microsoft Community Moderator

***Note: In the event that you're unable to reply to this thread, please ensure that your Email address is verified in the Community Website by clicking on Your Account Name > "My Profile" > "Edit Profile" > Add your Email Address > tick "Receive email notifications" checkbox > click on "Save".***

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
• Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2024 Views 1,678 Applies to: