PowerPoint 365 slide show will not open in full screen

I use PowerPoint 365 for our church services on Sunday and put the service together during the week. I really don't have time to spend trying to fix this problem.

That being said I have been researching this problem for a week now and cannot find a solution.

On my desktop computer running win 10  when I choose the symbol at the bottom of PowerPoint to run my slide show it will not go to full screen.

On my laptop when I choose the symbol at the bottom of PowerPoint to run my slide show it will open the first slide in full screen but will not advance to the next slide.

I have uninstalled office 365 and reinstalled it but it does not fix my problem.  I sure hope you have and answer for me and thank you in advance for your time and help.

Answer
Answer

As the other John explained, the aspect ratio of your presentation doesn't match the aspect ratio of the display. You'll get black borders top and bottom if you display a 16:9 widescreen presentation on a 16:10 or 4:3 display. A 16:10 presentation will also have black bars on a 4:3 screen.

After finding out the aspect ratio (horizontal pixels:vertical pixels), please choose Design>Slide Size and change your deck to the same ratio. The presentation content will be distorted by this step. As a workaround to prevent distortion, you can follow the answer on this post to prevent stretching/squeezing of the graphics (work on a copy of the original): How to resize slide dimensions without resizing any objects on the slide?

Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", ebook now out
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2024 Views 1,689 Applies to: