PowerPoint 2016 - Reuse Slides, cannot browse for files

Hello,

I'm having a problem for one user in our organization.  When using PowerPoint 2016 (Office 365) we are not able to browse to a file when using the Reuse Slides function.  The pop-up window appears to be only looking for PowerPoint files on the local computer, SharePoint, and One Drive. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the fetch file function or not.  Below are a few points of interest.

1.  This is only happening with a single user on the computer.  Other users can log in and use the function without issues.

2.  Starting PowerPoint in Safe Mode appears to resolve the problem.  However, disabling all add-ons does not affect the problem.

3.  For the affected user there is an additional "Reuse Slides" button on the ribbon, next to the "New Slide" button, that is not present for other users or in safe mode.

4.  This "Reuse Slides" button cannot be removed from the ribbon.  

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

Answer
Answer

This is the solution that worked for us.  I have not seen it posted yet so wanted to share:

Disable the below options:​

a.     File --> Options --> General --> Office Intelligent Services​

b.    File --> Options --> General --> Automatically show me design ideas.​

c.     File --> Options --> Trust Center --> Trust Center settings --> Privacy options --> Let Office connect to online Services from Microsoft to provide functionality that's relevant to your usage and preferences. ​

You might have to close powerpoint / reopen after the settings are in place... 

Testing after this and using the Reuse slides option from New Slides dropdown show the Browse option in the Search Bar. ​​

32 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2020 Views 4,215 Applies to: