Post it Note in One Note

I'm in college and use a mix between Onenote and Evernote. I've found a way to sync them both so that I don't have to keep switching back and forth and everything is back up. My courses are online so I get sent a lot of PDF and word documents. I like that I can annotate or add "sticky" notes to the document that I'm working on so that I don't have to print it out. The only draw back is that when I change the settings to show my "sticky" notes and import the document to Onenote, you cannot minimize the note. It comes through as a picture.  The thing about evernote is that if I have a physical sticky note, I can snap a picture and it will digitize it. The draw back with that is, I can't add it to the document that i'm working on or taking notes on. Once again, negating this wonderful feature that's been updated in Adobe. 

What i'm looking for is to have the ability to add annotations or sticky notes to the document that i've imported / printed into Onenote like MS word and Adobe. 

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? i'm even willing to look at 3rd party apps if they can do what I'm looking to do. 

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2020 Views 5,581 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Office Community.

A quick question before we proceed.

Are you referring to Windows in built Sticky Note app?

If yes, it is not possible to add sticky notes to the document that are being imported / printed into OneNote.

You may search in your favorite browser and check for such apps or features which meets your requirement.

If you have further questions related to this, please let us know.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No. I'm talking about the ability to add it to the document itself within the Onenote program. For example, if you are writing a paper in MS word, you can highlight, annotate or add something like a text bubble so when you mouse over it, it will pop up like a sticky note. I can do the same thing in Adobe. That's what I'm looking to be able to do in Onenote. Even if it's an imported document (Word, PDF or Power Point). 

I have the ability to import those document types into Onenote but I have no way of making side notes or text bubbles. 

I know, within Onenote, I can create a quick note and add a tag in my document to link it to a particular quick note, but I don't want to have to leave the page at all. I would like to add the side note (Post-It Note or whatever you want to call it) directly into the document that I'm working on.  

Mr.C

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to add documents such as Word, PowerPoint etc. within the OneNote 2016 application.

If you have further questions related to this issue, please let me know.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is a workaround to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBQ2E0IFi4U

Doesn't do the pop-up thing, but outside of that works really elegantly.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.