PNG images cutting off from sides.

Hi,

I am using an Office 365 PowerPoint on Mac and every time i try to save an image as a PNG file, one of the sides gets cut off. Is there a solution for it? 

Bottom got cut off in the above image

Cheer,

Rey. 

Hi Rey,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the issue, we’ll try our best to hep you troubleshot the issue.

I tested on my end with the latest version of PowerPoint 16.34 (20020900) and the images appeared complete.

Please confirm if you followed the steps below to save an image in PowerPoint in PNG format.

1. Control-click the illustration that you want to save as a separate image file, and then click Save as Picture.
  2. In the Save as type list, select PNG as the file format.
  3. In the Save As box, type a new name for the picture, or just accept the suggested file name.
  4. In the Where box, navigate to the folder where you want to store the image.
  5. Click Save.

Please make sure you have the latest version of Office for mac installed. If Office apps are not updated, please update them by clicking Help > Check for Updates from any of the Office app to get the latest build.

For some reason if Office apps still didn’t update, then please download the Update package from this article.

If the issue persists after updating Office, please confirm the following information:

1. Please confirm the version and build of PowerPoint app. To get this information, open PowerPoint, go to the PowerPoint menu and choose About PowerPoint.
  2. Check if you get the similar issue with other images in different presentation.
  3. Is the issue limited to circle images?
  4. What is the file format of the image when inserted in PPT?

In addition, for the test purpose, could you please provide us with the PowerPoint slide and the original image? This will help us test on our end with your file. You can provide the requested files in private message. Please click here to access your PM.

Thanks,

Neha

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rey,

I am writing to follow up. Did you check above reply? If you still need help, please update us when you have time.

Regards,

Neha

-----------
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rey, 

Thanks for providing the PowerPoint slide in the private message. I have tested with the slide and I see the same behavior when I save the circle shape you inserted in the PPT, so I further added some other slides and inserted new circles, please try saving the new images and check if they appear ok.

I suppose the issue is with the shape, if we add solid lines from Format pane then the edges are fine when saved as images. Please check the PPT in private message.

Thanks,

Neha

-----------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue. 

Anything with rounded edges is being cut off. Sometimes on top, right, or bottom. Never on the left hand side. Followed instructions above (right click, save as image, ...etc.) I have an office365 subscription running Powerpoint version 16.35.200.....

Any suggestions?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 23, 2024 Views 1,778 Applies to: