Pivot Table - Add Manual Row Label?

I am working on a pivot table from a client survey where respondents rate certain areas 1-10. In one of the questions, noone has answered with a value of 8; however, i am certain in the future, someone will. I cannot add a row of survey data as it would inaccurately skew the results. Is there a way for me to add a manual value to the existing row labels so that I can prepare for future versions of the survey?

Hi Nancy Coffey 

you can follow the below link to get what you ask, any else clarify you can post it   

http://www.wikihow.com/Add-Rows-to-a-Pivot-Table

Gratefully,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello AhmedAbdel! Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately this is not exactly what I am trying to accomplish. The table below is a sample of one of my Pivot Tables. I would like to insert a row between Values 6 and 8 in the first column to show 7 but there would be no values for any month since it does not yet exist. Below the pivot table we do a chart and we group by 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, and 9-10 so if in a future month someone chooses 7 I will have to re-do that entire section of the report.

Count of Question 9: Please rate your overall level of satisfaction with the Team.
Row Labels Dec-13 Jan-14 Feb-14 Grand Total
1 1 1 2
2 1 1 2
3 1 1 2
4 2 2 4
5 10 10 1 21
6 13 13 26
8 8 8
9 6 6
10 14 14
Grand Total 28 28 29 85

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I don't think you can add a row manually inside a Pivot Table except by writing a Calculated Item Formula.

Regards,

Ashish Mathur
www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 689 Applies to: