Pictures Won't Load (it is showing a pink square instead of the original)

I recently downloaded Powerpoint and Office to my Mac and it was fine until I had to do some slides for my school. The pictures won't load properly and is only showing a pink/purple square instead of the actual picture that was used.

This only happens when I tried to open it in the app itself but if I opened the slides through safari, it would show as normal (but it takes a very long time for the whole slides to load, so this is a hassle)

I've tried refreshing and force quitting the app and the slides, yes it updated the changes made by other team members but it still appears as a pink square (to me). Here is how it looks like. It is supposed to be a student's picture in circle shape.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks in advance!

Answer
Answer

Hi Jannatul,

Thanks for posting in the community.

According to your description, when you open an online presentation in PowerPoint, the picture won’t load properly and the picture displays well in PowerPoint for Web. I would like to know:

1. What if you download the online presentation to local, then open it, does the issue still exist?

2. Does the issue exist in a specific presentation or also in other presentations?

Since the issue is likely caused by the PowerPoint application, please try the following suggestions, check if they help.

1. Since the latest Office version is 16.59. If not, please try to update Office.

2. Please try to disable the related Office add-ins, check whether the issue is caused by 3rd party add-ins you installed.

Apple menu > System Preferences > Extensions > All categories to disable the related PowerPoint third-party extensions.

3. Move the cache folder to Desktop and check again

Close PowerPoint

Use Finder, click Go, go to ~/Library/Containers/, move the folder Microsoft PowerPoint to Desktop, then reopen PowerPoint and test again

4. Please try to set Mac into Safe Mode and check whether the issue is caused by the startup items.

Regards,

George

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2024 Views 847 Applies to: