Personal non-subscription and business account

Hi - i wanted to know how the interactions between personal and business accounts work.  I have a personal microsoft account, but have NOT subscribed to Microsoft365.  I also have a work account, for which we are on 365.  

Prior to my work moving to 365, i was unable to use Word and Excel, as i did not have a personal subscription.  

If I do not have a personal subscription, how do the two accounts interact when trying to create an excel file for personal use vs business use, for example?  Am I able to do that, or will a file opened from my personal account still not be able to be edited as I do not have a subscription?

Thanks,

Jeff

Answer
Answer

Hi Jeff,

Once Microsoft 365 apps are activated, no matter what account is used to log in to the programs and whether the account has a subscription, all of these accounts can use Microsoft 365 apps.

As shown in the figure below, I used a business account to activate Microsoft 365, and I also log in with my personal account (doesn’t have any subscription) so that I can access my personal OneDrive.

In you case, you don't need to buy a full Microsoft 365 subscription for your personal account because your business account already can be used for activating Microsoft 365 apps.

If you need extra OneDrive storage space of your personal, you can choose to only purchase more space, which is cheaper than purchasing a full Microsoft 365 subscription.

Reference: Compare OneDrive plans

Best Regards,

Arck

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 19, 2023 Views 389 Applies to: