Outlook Web App Jumpy as New Emails Added

I have a Windows 10 PC with the latest updates. I am using a Surface Pro (2017), Surface Laptop or some model of a big touch screen enabled Dell. I am writing mostly just to complain:  It is very difficult to use the Web edition of Outlook because of how it constantly shifts the emails as new emails are added. If I am looking at an email, within a few seconds, the web page jerks down as new emails get added to the top. This happens in all browsers (Edge, Chrome and Firefox). I can use the Outlook desktop app. I kept thinking I had developed nystagmus, but it was the new edition of Web Outlook.

Please fix this.

Hi TomStubbs57,

Thank you for posting your concerns in our forum. Do you mean the new incoming emails will insert at the top of the item list?

As far as I know, it's a normal behavior cause the emails are sorted by Date. And it's designed to help remind people there're new incoming emails received. If you don't like to see the incoming emails at the top, you can just change the criteria of email sorting. For example, click the Date to make the emails list from older (top) to newer (bottom).

While if it's not the situation, I'd like to collect some screenshots or short video of "the web page jerks down" to better understand your situation and check if there're any workarounds for you.

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your note.

Of course I want new emails to populate the top of my email column. For the first time, however, with the recent update, it became almost impossible for me to scan emails using the web because they are constantly moving down. I don't know what the difference is with the older version, but I did not have that problem. (I have not had a sudden increase in incoming emails.) When I get the time, I will create a movie of the experience and post it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TomStubbs57,

Thank you for your update. Since I can't not reproduce your issue in my lab, the issue is probably related with your browser. If possible, you can try to clear the browser caches and cookies to check if it helps. Also, please make sure all the Windows updates and browser version are latest. Besides, I'd like to confirm if you login OWA (Outlook Web App) by the following link. If not, please share the correct link with us.

https://outlook.office.com/owa/

And I'll follow up this issue if the issue persists. If you have any progress on this issue, just share with us at your convenience.

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TomStubbs57,

If you have any progress on this issue, just update with us at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Marvin

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar, if not the exact same issue.

Outlook for me is basically unusable. Scrolling down my emails just causes it to jump, it is extremely unresponsive. Deleting emails difficult. The page seems to refresh every time a new email is selected.

Its been like this a while. Ive been waiting, thinking it must be a known issue and a fix is on the way. Doesn't sound like it is though.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RobLeightley,

Sorry for the late reply since I was out of office. May I know if you use Office 365 account to log in the following website?

https://outlook.office.com/owa/

If so, please try to use different browsers to sign in OWA to check if the issue persists. Meanwhile, if it's convenience, please clear your browser caches/cookies and open browser in private mode to sign in OWA. 

While if not, please share the website URL with us to help us better understand your situation. 

Regards,

Marvin 

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RobLeightley,

If you have any further concerns of this issue, please update with us at your convenience.

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 372 Applies to: