Outlook Search Index in Terminal Server

Hi all

We've got a terminal server environment running in Azure. Office 2016/365 is installed. The problem we're facing is that there is no search results coming up in outlook. I logged in as admin and changed the indexing location and rebuilt the index. However after restarting the service and rebooting the server, only the admin account is registering the new indexing location. When I check the indexing details for all other users, it's showing the new location as "New location after service is restarted" and search is still not working on Outlook.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Taf

Hi Taf,

Regarding the “Outlook search returns No matches found” issue, please try the troubleshooting steps in this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2769651

If the issue persists, to better understand the situation, I’d like to confirm the following information:

1. YourOS version and the detailed version of the problematic Outlook client. Please navigate to File> Office Account> Office Updates to check it.
  2. Could you provide more details about “We've got a terminal server environment running in Azure”?
  3. Are you using pure Exchange Online or do you have on-premises environment?
  4. Do you have the Office 365 accounts set up in the Outlook client via Exchange mode?
  5. By saying “no search results coming up in outlook”, do you get any error? Please provide a screenshot about the symptom.
  6. Two screenshots: One is about” the admin account is registering the new indexing location” and the other is about it's showing the new location as New location after service is restarted".
  7. Please provide your domain via the private message. To protect your privacy, I have sent you a private message to collect it. Please click this link to access the message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list

Regards,

Monique

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

HI Monique

• OS version - Server 2012 R2 with Outlook 2013 build 15.0.4569.1506
  • The users connect to a terminal server running in Azure. It's a full cloud setup. Both DC & TS are in Azure. All users also have an E3 Office 365 License and 365 is synced with AD.
  • The error the users get is that the items are not being indexed. The user profiles are running in cached mode.

here are the User settings:

And this is the admin:

The server restarts every day so I would assume that would restart the service, or am I wrong

Regards

Taf

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Taf,

Thanks for your updates. For further analysis, I’d like to confirm more information:

1.To verify that indexing in Outlook 2013 is working properly, use the following steps:

• Click in the Search box
  • In the Search tab, select Search Tools and then click Indexing Status
  • When the indexing status dialog emerges, you might see the following:

Outlook has finished indexing all of your items.

0 items remaining to be indexed.

If you see this message, it means that the index is complete, and Outlook can’t find your item for some other reason.

If Outlook has not finished indexing all of your items, you’ll see a message that says:

Search results may be incomplete because items are still being indexed.

If you see this message, take note of the number of files remaining to be indexed, wait five to ten minutes and then check again.

After trying the above, please post back the result for our side further analysis.

2.By saying there is no search result coming up in outlook, which folder scope are you searching? Please provide a screenshot about “the items are not being indexed”.

3. Do you mean after restarting the service and rebooting the server, only the admin can search but all the users in your organization can’t search?

4. If so, do all the users who have this issue are using the same Outlook version (Outlook 2013 build 15.0.4569.1506) or others?

5. By saying “The server restarts every day so I would assume that would restart the service”, do you mean the search function works ok before restarting, the issue only happens after restarting? If not, cloud you clarify the situation?

Regards,

Monique

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Taf,

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

Monique

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 17,116 Applies to: