Outlook not receiving external emails

I run Office 365 on my mac, Outlook version 16.22.1. I can send emails from my outlook account, however I can not receive any external emails. Senders receive an error: MAILER-DAEMON@mx0d-001This message hasn't been delivered yet. Delivery will continue to be attempted.

Hi Chad,

We have settings in Exchange admin center which could prevent external users to send you an email. Please go to https://portal.office.com > Admin> Admin centers> Exchange> Recipients> Mailboxes, select and open your mailbox> Mailbox features> Message delivery restrictions> Require that all senders are authenticated. If you want to receive messages from external senders, this option should be unchecked. Also check Accept messages from/ Reject messages from fields.

If this cant fix the issue, please provide me with a few additional information:

• Do you have Office 365 managed domain email address, onmicrosoft.com or a third party?
  • Have you add and fully configured your domain? The behavior looks like you don't have MX record configured.
  • Could you confirm that other users inside your organization can send you email?

Please update me with all answers.

Best regards,
Nemanja

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I can not get to Mailbox features > Message delivery restrictions... I can get to mailbox in Exchange admin centre, but do not see features that lead me to delivery restrictions.

I have been using Office 365 for over 6 years, this is not a new account. My last email I received was Friday March 1st. I can send an email to myself from my outlook account, but any external emails receive a delayed message error.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

smtp: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

SMTP: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Do I need to remove the lower case smtp account?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I confirmed the external senders option is unchecked and reject messages was unchecked.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chad,

To test your inbound messages, please go to https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com > Office 365> Internet Email Tests> Inbound SMTP Email> Next, Enter your email address and Preform Test. Save the results as HTML - small icon on right side of the tab, and send it as Private Message. This could help me in further troubleshooting.

Also, please include the complete Non delivery report you mentioned in the first message.

Best regards,

Nemanja

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chad,

Feel free to write if you have more questions.

Regards,
Nemanja

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 133,950 Applies to: