Outlook Junk Reporting Add-in Breaks Outlook Ribbon

Hi.  Performed a fully clean install of Windows 10x64 today followed by Office Pro x64 Insider Fast v1707 (Build 8316.1000).

I'm getting negative behavior from the ribbon if I install the "Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Add-in for Microsoft Outlook" add-in (I'm sourcing it from the link below).

When I enable the Junk Reporting add-in, the format of the "Delete" group on the ribbon changes, and the all-important "Archive" button disappears.  Disabling the add-in restores normal appearance/functionality.

Below images - first is desired "normal" appearance including the 'Archive" button, second is what happens when I enable this (time-tested) add-in.

Hmmn..... ?   Thanks/jim

Add-in source:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18275

Answer
Answer

Jim,

We have submitted a bug for this but it looks like it is not going to get fixed.  The reason is that the Junk Reporting Add-in is being deprecated.  It is being replaced by the Report Message Office add-in.  Its one of those you see from Outlook when clicking File, Manage Add-ins and that you enable in OWA settings.  

The new Report Message Add-in is not yet being rolled out but it should not be long from now.  If it is a pressing issue please open as support case from the Portal and we can ask the product team if they can enable it for your tenant.  

Below is how it will look in Outlook.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 97 Applies to: