Check your Junk folder
1. Sign in to Hotmail .
2. Click on Junk on the left pane.
3. Check to see if the missing mail is in this folder.
4. If you see any messages that should have been delivered to the Inbox , click the box on the left of each message to put a check mark and then click the Not Junk button.
Check your Blocked sender list
1. From the Hotmail Options screen under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.
2. Click Blocked senders.
3. In the Blocked senders list, select the name or domain (the part of an e-mail address that follows the @ sign, such as hotmail.com) that you now want to receive mail from, and then click << Remove from list.
Add the email address to your Safe senders list
1. From the Hotmail Options screens under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.
2. Click Safe Senders.
3. In the text box, type in the email address or domain you’d like to always receive email from, and then click Add to list >>.
Check your Email Rules
1. From the Hotmail Options screens under Customizing Hotmail, click Rules for sorting new messages.
2. Perform one of the actions as per your requirement:
Click Edit next to the rule that you want to edit.
Choose the rule that you want to delete and click Delete.
Note: Not all international characters are supported as filters.
Check your Junk Mail Settings
1. In the upper-right corner of the page, click Options, and then click More options.
2. Under Preventing junk email, click Filters and reporting.
3. Under Choose a junk e-mail filter, choose the level of protection that you want, and then click Save. If the Exclusive level was set, messages from senders not on your Contacts or Safe senders lists will have been sent to the Junk e-mail folder.
4. Click on Options in the upper left to go back to the Hotmail Options screen.
Check your Reply-to address
1. From the Hotmail Options screens under Writing email, click Reply-to address.
2. Select Current e-mail address radio button.
3. Click Save.
However, even after trying out all the different possibilities in this solution, I am still unable to receive emails that come with attachment files. Can someone please help me?