Outlook in Office 365 does not display downloaded POP3 messages

Kia ora,

Yesterday, my Outlook was working fine. Today, when I opened my email, which is downloaded from my ISP's server via POP3, all I get is the message subject and the first line of the message. This applies also to all stored emails in my Outlook.pst folder. Can anyone help? Is this a problem with the most recent Office 365 update?

Peter

|
Hi, I'm Elise, an Independent Advisor and I'd be happy to help with your issue.

It appears to be a known issue the current advice is to use web mail rather than Outlook to access your emails. Please see the advisory from Microsoft below:

Title: Issue affecting viewing email content in Outlook User Impact: Users may be unable to view email message content within Outlook. More info: Initial reports indicate that Outlook on the web is unaffected and users with access to Outlook on the web can view email messages there while we work on a solution. Current status: We're gathering and analyzing data in an effort to isolate the cause of impact. Initial reports indicate that impact is specific to the Outlook client and users with access to other protocols, such as Outlook on the web or the Outlook mobile app, can view message content in those platforms as a potential workaround. Scope of impact: This issue could affect any user attempting to view an email message in the Outlook client.

Some users have reported that running the following from an Administrator command prompt provides a workaround:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Elise

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I'm Elise, an Independent Advisor and I'd be happy to help with your issue.

It appears to be a known issue the current advice is to use web mail rather than Outlook to access your emails. Please see the advisory from Microsoft below:

Title: Issue affecting viewing email content in Outlook User Impact: Users may be unable to view email message content within Outlook. More info: Initial reports indicate that Outlook on the web is unaffected and users with access to Outlook on the web can view email messages there while we work on a solution. Current status: We're gathering and analyzing data in an effort to isolate the cause of impact. Initial reports indicate that impact is specific to the Outlook client and users with access to other protocols, such as Outlook on the web or the Outlook mobile app, can view message content in those platforms as a potential workaround. Scope of impact: This issue could affect any user attempting to view an email message in the Outlook client.

Some users have reported that running the following from an Administrator command prompt provides a workaround:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Elise

Same issue Elise.After downloading Cumulative update KB5003173 for windows 10 today my Outlook 365 does not have pictures in the email.It does open in another browser when click on view in other browser.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Elise,

Thanks. That solved the problem and one other that I didn't mention initially, the inability to reply to any messages received. Both problems are solved now. Let's hope they don't recur. Thank you. 

Peter

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2021 Views 142 Applies to: