Outlook in endless loop of sign-ins!

Hi!

Outlook keeps prompting me for password, when I put in the wrong one it tells me so, but when I put in the correct one it simply prompts me to log in again - and this goes on endlessly. Tried 2 accounts - same result, so more an Outlook issue than account issue. I can log in to both through the web client. I have the latest Office package.

Weirdly, for 1/2 day it worked fine after a system update, and then it lapsed back. Would really appreciate help as currently my Outlook is not usable.

Best,

m

Answer
Answer

Hi MichalTLes,

You may try to start Outlook in safe mode to see if it keeps prompting for password: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/open-office-apps-in-safe-mode-on-a-windows-pc-dedf944a-5f4b-4afb-a453-528af4f7ac72.

Meanwhile, if issue persists in safe mode, and as the two email account are Office 365 account (not Microsoft account like Outlook.com or other type account as this tool need to verify your Office 365 for business online account settings and connections on Outlook client), you may try to use this tool: Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365.

Thanks,

Anna
--------* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 11,727 Applies to: