Outlook for Mac, change single occurrence to Teams meeting

Hello,

I am having an issue where a Delegate has created a Series. When she tries to convert a single series to a Teams meeting she gets and error telling her she must convert the entire series to a Teams meeting.

She does not want to change the entire series because she doesn't want any of the future occurrences to lose room information.

I tested this on Outlook for Windows and I get a prompt whether I want to change the occurrence or series. When I choose to change the occurrence I am able to convert that single occurrence to a Teams meeting.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you,

Eddie

Hi Eddie

Thanks for your post in the community and we're glad to help you.

From you description, we'd like to collect the steps about how to create a series and convert a single series a Teams meeting on your side to further check. We hope provide you further assistance after doing some related tests follow your steps. Besides, you mentioned you have tested on Outlook for windows and it works, as a workaround, then you or her can use Outlook for windows to convert if it is convenient for you.

Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Joey

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Joey,

Thank you for your reply. We are using Outlook for Mac 16.36 on Mojave and Catalina. The issue is specific with Delegates who want to convert one Occurrence (into a Teams Meeting) within a Series. 

The Delegate will proceed with the following steps:

1. Double-click to open the Occurrence.

2. Click on the Teams Meeting button in the ribbon

3. The Delegate gets an error "Online Meeting - This is one appointment in a series. To make it an online meeting, open the series and try again."

NOTES:

1. if the user converts the series to Teams meeting, she is concerned that information (in future Occurrences) will be obstructed or altered by the Join Meeting button that gets automatically added.

2. In Windows, if the Admin double-clicks on an Occurrence, he or she would be prompted immediately to choose wether to edit the entire Series or Occurrence. The Admin can simply choose to edit the Occurrence  and convert it to Teams with the button.

2. I found the Teams meeting button (in Outlook for Mac) to be unreliable or inconsistent when I converted meetings or Series to Teams meetings within the Outlook for Mac application. After converting to Teams, sometimes the Join button would be visible, but sometimes the join button would not be available.  If the Join button was not available, I could not try to re-convert to Teams meeting because the button in Outlook for Mac would no longer be visible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2020 Views 905 Applies to: