Outlook Color Categories not showing in Synced Sharepoint Calendar

I just setup a new SharePoint site for my organization.  I created a calendar, and synced it to outlook.

When I create events on the sharepoint calendar and assign a category to the event, there is no option to setup color preferences for each category.

I open the calendar in outlook and assign a color category to the events, but these colors do not sync to the calendar on sharepoint.

What am I missing?  I need to beable to categorize my events by type and color and have that show on sharepoint and all outlook calendars that my team members have synced from our sharepoint site.

Hi Devin,

You can try the following steps:

1. Go to the Calendar list > List Settings > Add from existing site columns in Columns section > select “Categories” column, then your Calendar list will have this field.

2. Connect this Calendar list to your Outlook, then you can add a new event item with a Category from Outlook. The SharePoint list synced event item Categories field will display the color.

Regards,

Tisky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This does not work. I have categories setup in sharepoint calendar assigned to each event. After i sync to outlook, the categories do not appear on the task in outlook, only in sharepoint. 

If i create color categories in outlook calendar and assign to events, those do not ahow up on the events when synced to sharepoint.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Devin,

We can use the SharePoint built-in calendar overlays to customize color code Calendars in SharePoint Online. However, actually, it’s a calendar view. It’s not feasible to sync to Outlook. The color category set in Outlook cannot be synced to SharePoint Online Calendar either.

Given the situation, I would suggest you vote for this feedback or submit your own suggestion to our related team as this is the best way to improve the product. Many features have been designed or upgraded based on our customers' constructive comments.

Thanks for your understanding.

Allan

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 6,186 Applies to: