Outlook 2016 stuck on "We're getting things ready"

I'm trying to start Outlook for the first time in a clean install and I'm stuck here:

How to fix this mess? -.-

Hi,

If an Office application such as Outlook is not working correctly, one of the possible methods that we could try is to repair Outlook from the Control Panel. If the Office repair doesn't work, then we suggest uninstalling Office and reinstalling it using the Easy Fix button. For more information, we suggest visiting this support article.

Hope this helps. Hope to get an update from you.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

If an Office application such as Outlook is not working correctly, one of the possible methods that we could try is to repair Outlook from the Control Panel. If the Office repair doesn't work, then we suggest uninstalling Office and reinstalling it using the Easy Fix button. For more information, we suggest visiting this support article.

Hope this helps. Hope to get an update from you.

Regards.

Tried quick fix, no lucky. Tried online fix, no lucky. Full uninstall via O15CTRRemove.diagcab and install using OfficeDeploymentTool and now I'm back to the old Outlook first login interface:

But, it's still not working. It's stuck on this "search for <email> settings" forever!

I tried to update Office suite and now I'm using the latest version, back to the initial error when I try to add an Outlook.com account:

Really M$? How can you make Outlook soo bug, soo trash? GG Microsoft...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update. We've already exhausted our resources to try to resolve the issue. Since we're still having issues with Outlook, we recommend posting the issue on this link for more advanced support. Also included the steps you already tried on your post. 

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue.  Turns out there was a login window open on my MS surface book pro when I had it plugged into the dock.  Was only using the monitor at my desk and not the one on my laptop so did not see the screen as my laptop was closed.

Check similar :) 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I couldn't believe it when I saw that little windows waiting for the password to continue. What a bizarre situation. Crazy thinks some programmers do.  Thank you so much for this tip. It saved me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The workaround in our case was to install the Pro Plus MSI Volume Licence iso not the click to run version from office 365.
This version allows me to add the account and sync the mail, finally we uninstalled this version rebooted and installed from office 365 (Dont run the office removal tool as this wipes the profiles).
When outlook was run it had the same profile and did not ask for a password.

Thats 8 hours of my life I cant get back. Thanks Microsoft!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 3,126 Applies to: