Outlook 2016 not showing the persons name anymore?

Hi,

As from last week when you search in Outlook 2016 you no longer see the person's name in the emails you are searching. Now it just lists the emails with that persons name included in the email rather than showing if the email was 'from that person' or 'to that person'. It's really difficult to find anything. For example, I want to see all the emails from Joe Smith - I can no longer see them. I only see the body of the text if the body contains these details. I hope this makes sense?

How can I fix this?

Thanks, Lindsey

Hi Lindsey,
This is a bug and Microsoft is investigating. It should be fixed soon.

This is from the service advisory at https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/s...

Users are unable to view the name of the sender within search results for the Outlook client.
Latest message:
Title: Sender name not appearing

User Impact: Users are unable to view the name of the sender within search results for the Outlook client.

More info: As a workaround, users can use Outlook on the web.

Additionally, all email search results may appear as unread, even if the emails had been previously read.

Current status: We've completed initial testing of the fix and we're preparing to deploy the solution to the affected infrastructure. We expect that the deployment process should begin within the next 24 hours.

Scope of impact: This issue could potentially affect any of your users if they are routed through the affected infrastructure.

Start time: Monday, January 7, 2019, at 7:37 AM UTC

Preliminary root cause: A recent update inadvertently introduced an issue that is causing the sender name to not appear within the User Interface (UI) when performing a search.

Next update by: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, at 10:00 PM UTC
Diane Poremsky [Outlook MVP]
Outlook Resources: https://www.slipstick.com
https://www.outlook-tips.net

** I don't work for Microsoft.**
** DO NOT CALL phone numbers received in email notifications.**

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have Outlook 2019. This is still happening for me. I have automatic updates turned on.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

As from last week when you search in Outlook 2016 you no longer see the person's name in the emails you are searching. Now it just lists the emails with that persons name included in the email rather than showing if the email was 'from that person' or 'to that person'. It's really difficult to find anything. For example, I want to see all the emails from Joe Smith - I can no longer see them. I only see the body of the text if the body contains these details. I hope this makes sense?

How can I fix this?

Thanks, Lindsey

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

How can I fix this?

Thanks, Lindsey

Hi, I want to use this program

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

How can I fix this?

Thanks, Lindsey

Thank you so much 

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2020 Views 2,279 Applies to: