Outlook 2016 error messages help please.

Before I installed the Office 2016 preview Outlook 2013 worked perfectly, after install initially the preview work fine as well. However I now get 2 error messages, see screen shot:

That means your mailbox is still being hosted on an Exchange 2007 server. When you use Outlook 2016 with an Exchange account, your mailbox must be hosted on Exchange 2010 or later.

As the error stated; Contact your e-mail administrator and ask about the possibilities to get your mailbox hosted on Exchange 2010 or later.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
https://www.howto-outlook.com
https://www.msoutlook.info

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand what you are saying but it does not explain why there was no problem with the preview version for a few weeks. So I'm afraid at the moment I do not accept your answer as the cure. There are other similar incidents which are similar in nature and it has happened on numerous occasions throughout the history of Office/outlook.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are absolutely correct nosmada54.

I do not understand why Microsoft would not have a grandfathered window of time say 6 month to a year before deactivating Exchange 2007 sync function.

They ask for users to help prove out the office 2016 software in the insider programs with windows 10, then make it a pain in the A** to revert back to previous builds when they deactivate it without notice.

Contrary to the belief of the VIP members who keep saying in these forms that everyone knows that Microsoft only supports 3 versions of exchange, I do not believe this to be the case.

Further, not all companies are in a position to update their copy of exchange as quickly as Microsoft would like. I have no problem with a phase out date but tell the users before they engage in these insider programs to help build better products what it is.

It users like us that convince our companies that upgrading to the newer office suites is the way to go. That's where the money is. 

In the end, Microsoft is doing a disservice to their users and themselves by this kind of policy.

Finally, its not like it can't work from a programing perspective because we have already been using it. My two cents.

Cheers. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 390 Applies to: