Outlook 2013 Login Issue

I open Outlook 2013 on a new Dell laptop and immediately I get a small window requesting the password to log in the G-mail account I created earlier for my spouse's account.  The password I load (I think I recall the proper loaded password) is not accepted so the window remains open.  I hit cancel and / or click on the small x in the upper right corner to quit the log in process but the window remains open.  I can't get past this window to the create / edit account area to load a new password.  How do I close this small log in window so I can load / reload the password for this account.  If I go directly to Google, I can log in successfully using my wife's password.

When I shift to my account side and open Outlook, my sbcglobal account works without an issue.

Bob-K

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

Please provide additional information to help you better.

1. How did you setup your Gmail account in Outlook application? Is it POP3 or IMAP?

2. Have you enabled the settings for POP/IMAP in Gmail webmail?

You may also remove and re-add the Gmail email account from Outlook and verify the results.

Go to File> Info> Account Settings> Account Settings> Email tab and remove and re-add the account.

You may refer to the following article for instructions on how to re-add the email account in Outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758902

Note: Ensure that you know the settings to re-configure the email account.

I look forward to your reply to assist you further.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your quick response.  I set up the account up as IMAP.  My problem remains that I can't get to the Outlook / File / Account Setting area because until the little login window is closed - and it won't close.  The rest of Outlook is grayed out.  I need to find a way to close the Internet E-mail login window so can can delete this account and reload per your direction.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

You may remove and re-add the email account by going to Control Panel and Mail icon.

Close Outlook and go to Control Panel and Mail icon.

In the Mail Setup-Outlook window, click on Email Accounts.

I look forward to your reply to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 29, 2024 Views 1,610 Applies to: