Outlook 2010 Issue "'Receiving' reported error (0x8004210E)" for one of several accounts on the server

I receive the following message from Outlook 2010 for one of my accounts on TWC now Spectrum most of the time.  It has worked for many years until now! Other accounts on the sever with identical setup work fine. Note "xxxx" replaces actual mail box in message.

Task '*** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210E) : 'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it.  The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.'

I used a secure pop3 setup. Tried deleting account shutting the system and create account again both secure and non secure.  I can view and send messages on TWC web mail as well as my cell phone.

Hi Paul,

To help you with this, we can disable antivirus software and anti-spam software temporarily. Follow these steps:

1. Disable all antivirus software and anti-spam software on the client computer.
  2. In Outlook, click Send/Receive to download any malformed e-mail messages from the e-mail server.
  3. Enable the antivirus software and the anti-spam software on the client computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Best.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the explicit instructions.  Unfortunately your suggestion had no effect.   As a workaround  I have my Gmail account fetching the mail from the problem server and Outlook retrieving the mail from Gmail.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2021 Views 111 Applies to: